What have I learned from my Green Business class? There are so many things that come to mind, I don’t know where to start. I haven’t been to school in over 5 years so I thought that taking online classes would be challenging. What I learned about myself is that I am extremely organized and determined to do well. I learned that I have the will power to dedicate time to my education which is something I never thought about in the past. These are personal strengths I never knew existed or maybe I did but never really paid any attention to. I learned how to interact with other people in a virtual classroom environment and there was no discomfiture. I am usually extremely shy and never really get to know a person until several months later. I really enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and it felt so natural and comfortable for me. I learned so many things about environmental sustainability. It’s amazing how one class can have an impact on me for the rest of my life. I never knew how passionate I was about the topic until I explored it while taking this class. I put many practices into play at home and at work as well. I am currently working on creating a Sustainability Network Chapter at my job. I want to educate people in Panama because I know they could make a difference if they only knew the impact they are causing to their environment. One thing that I have gained from this class is my personal sustainability promise. I promised to plant fruits and vegetables at our beach house. My family and I did this together and I hope it is something that we can look back on and feel proud about. It is something that will be passed down to our son with hopes that one day he will continue what we started.
No comments:
Post a Comment